Brazilian Retailer Selects Hughes Managed SD-WAN to Improve and Expand Operations
A popular home goods department store in Brazil, Le biscuit offers everything from decorative items and appliances to toys and entertainment at 141 retail outlets across 14 Brazilian states, plus a robust e-commerce channel.
Le biscuit sought to expand store operations and create an omnichannel sales model to improve customer experience. However, plans were hindered by the corporate network, which often suffered outages and system instabilities. These performance problems complicated network management while simultaneously diverting the IT team away from developing solutions to support the business’ planned growth.
In need of a more efficient network infrastructure with guaranteed uptime, Le biscuit selected the Hughes Managed Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) solution to increase network availability and mitigate instability and outages. With improved network performance across the enterprise, the company supports an integrated omnichannel sales model to enhance customer experience—regardless of whether customers shop at a physical Le biscuit store or online.
With a higher performing network, and with Hughes as its Managed Services Provider (MSP), Le biscuit is able to expand operations and add new stores quickly with an omnichannel sales model without any operational impact. The time to activate the network infrastructure to support a new store opening has reduced by half—from 90 days to fewer than 45. Hughes handles all tasks associated with coordinating each site’s transport providers, managing installation, monitoring activation, conducting maintenance and troubleshooting—greatly simplifying network management for Le biscuit and freeing the company’s IT resources to support Le biscuit’s expansion goals and other strategic initiatives.
Hughes Technology Highlights
An end-to-end turnkey network, the Hughes Managed SD-WAN solution incorporates Le biscuit’s legacy infrastructure along with some new equipment to deliver:
- Industry-leading security
- Faster processing, higher availability (99.99% network uptime) and an improved end user experience
- Guaranteed real-time application quality (ideal for video and VoIP)
- Dynamic load sharing across multiple connections for better traffic flow
- A WAN transport agnostic approach for greater flexibility and faster deployment
- Simplified networking through 24/7 WAN management, zero-touch configuration, and web-based network performance management to free up Le biscuit’s IT team resources
- Round-the-clock help desk and customer support and field technicians for swift problem resolution
Part of the HughesON™ suite of managed services, Hughes Managed SD-WAN offers Le biscuit the network connectivity, reliability and security to support the omnichannel sales experience across the enterprise today, and well into the future as the retailer grows. Go here for more information about Hughes Managed SD-WAN solutions.