Deploy Software-defined, Mission-aligned SATCOM Service
Connect to your warfighters anytime and anywhere with multi-orbit HM System satellite ground technology that’s flexible, scalable and secure.
For the modern warfighter, connectivity is more than a communications line. It’s a lifeline when the certainty of secure communications means everything. It’s also why we invented the Scramble Code Multiple Access (SCMA) waveform to protect SATCOM transmissions in every theater – on a helicopter, aboard an RPA, on the water and on the ground.
Built into our HM System, the SCMA waveform sets apart our software-defined satellite ground capability for military applications. It’s enabled industry firsts, like through-the-rotor, multi-megabit data transmission; multi-orbit SATCOM to and from RPAs; and on-demand, satellite-enabled cellular connectivity for emergency comms.
Flexible and cost-effective, the commercially based HM System meets mission requirements for Department of Defense (DoD) customers with features such as:
- Open standards architecture
- Multiple frequency bands (L-, Ku-, Ka-, Mil Ka, and X-band) and orbits (GEO, NGSO)
- Portable modems with low Size Weight and Power (SWaP)
- Ruggedized equipment able to withstand high altitudes, lightning strikes and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
Manufactured in the Hughes factory in Maryland, U.S.A., HM System equipment includes:
- HM400 Modem designed for SATCOM on-the-move with flexibility and resiliency in mind. Ideal for a range of applications, including disaster response, storm tracking, military operations, as well as agriculture surveillance and airborne geological surveys.
- HM100 Hub available for use as a standalone SCPC modem or integrated into a robust, scalable HM Gateway for Communications-on-the-Move capabilities.
Contact us to find out more about the HM System and how it can power your secure SATCOM solutions.
Hughes HM series equipment paired with SES’s satellites used in demonstration.
Hughes solutions deliver strong resiliency and security for every mission.
Hughes HM400 SATCOM modems deliver enhanced communications.
Built by General Atomics and connected by the Hughes HM System, the Gray Eagle relays ISR insights and deterrence options to combatant commanders.
Hughes technology provides secure connectivity to special operations team wherever the mission leads.
Recent demonstrations featuring the Hughes HM-series modem highlight how military customers can achieve more resilient and secure airborne SATCOM.