Satellite Internet Service from the Company that Invented It
Count on the leading provider of satellite internet to connect your home, community, office or enterprise.
At Hughes, we’re passionate about connecting the unconnected with innovative and evolving technologies and services that make internet access faster, easier and more affordable. It started in 1996, when our engineers devised a way to shorten file download times from an hour to only 90 seconds, using satellite connectivity. And we haven’t stopped innovating.
In fact, since pioneering the technology to power online access from satellites in space more than 25 years ago, we’ve continued to invest in enhancing and advancing satellite internet to serve more people. Today, our industry-leading satellite internet service, HughesNet®, connects millions of people across the Americas. Our standard-setting JUPITER™ System satellite ground technology connects millions more around the globe.
Plus, we have:
- Grown our own satellite capacity to the most powerful high-throughput Ka-band constellation across the Americas
- Increased plan download speeds when we launch our next satellite, JUPITER™ 3
- Expanded our offering to serve more people in the U.S. – starting with rural parts of the country and growing to become the first satellite internet provider to offer broadband coast-to-coast
- Brought satellite internet to previously unserved communities in Latin America – connecting thousands of people to the internet for the first time in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico and Peru
- And continued to increase the value of our offerings with faster speeds, more data, built-in Wi-Fi and participating in government subsidy programs like the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program
During that time, also, we’ve made our leading satellite ground platform, the JUPITER System, available to the industry. With JUPITER technology, satellite operators, mobile network operators and governments worldwide bring the benefits of satellite internet to people and communities who would otherwise be cut off from all the internet has to offer.
Hughes is your partner for satellite internet solutions:
- At home
- In your small business
- For state or U.S. federal government offices
- To help bridge the digital divide
Introducing New HughesNet Fusion Plans
In September 2022 we announced the launch of HughesNet Fusion plans, our new high-speed, low-latency satellite internet for consumers. A multi-path offering, HughesNet Fusion plans seamlessly blend Geostationary (GEO) satellite and wireless technologies to enable a fast and more responsive satellite internet experience, as demonstrated earlier this year. This hybrid approach to connectivity is an example of how at Hughes we are integrating various transports together with enabling technologies and managed services to enable an ActiveComms Ecosystem.
Plans are currently available in select areas, with expanded availability expected in the coming year.
Go here to learn if HughesNet Fusion is available in your area.
Did you know that Hughes invented satellite internet? See just how far we’ve come in the last quarter century.
Nationwide availability and customer-friendly service plans identified as differentiating factors leading to this recognition.
Stay connected and maintain communications, even in hard-to-reach locations, with satellite internet.
Bringing dependable satellite internet to those who live and work in places outside the reach of cable or fiber broadband.
A discussion of the challenges involved in connecting the unconnected and why satellite is part of the solution.
Eligible customers receive discounted satellite internet service.
U.S. News & World Report cites superior data performance and availability as differentiating factors.
New initiative aims to provide high-speed internet for communities throughout Colombia.