Connect the Unconnected in Your Communities
Unlock opportunity for citizens everywhere – even in remote and hard-to-reach places – with high-speed satellite internet.
With only half the globe’s population connected, governments worldwide are under pressure to ensure all citizens have access to the internet. Broadband deployment initiatives and new market entrants promise internet for everyone; Hughes offers proven solutions that help government agencies and ministries fulfill those promises in countries around the world.
Already in use across thousands of locations, satellite services powered by Hughes JUPITER™ technology:
- Connect hard-to-reach places where cable and fiber don’t go
- Make use of infrastructure available now, without further time and expense
- Help communities thrive with public Wi-Fi access and entrepreneurial opportunity
Integrated Satellite Solutions. Around the world, Hughes works with government Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) departments and telecom ministries to connect more people to the internet. Across the Americas, we deliver vertically integrated connectivity programs combining our JUPITER Ka-band satellite fleet with JUPITER ground system and network management.
In other regions, we partner with local and global operators to implement internet access projects with our JUPITER System platform – the most widely used satellite ground network – with available high-throughput and conventional Geostationary (GEO) satellite capacity or Low Earth Orbit (LEO) capacity.
In every corner of the globe, you’ll find Hughes satellite solutions helping connect more people to the internet with digital divide solutions such as:
- Broadband service from the world leader in satellite internet
- Community Wi-Fi hotspots at municipal sites, such as schools and community centers
- HughesXpress Wi-Fi, which empowers local merchants to earn more money while offering internet access at an affordable, per-use price
- Cellular backhaul by satellite to extend mobile network reach beyond cable and fiber
Contact us today to discuss how satellite technologies and services from Hughes can help your government deliver on the promise of a connected future for all.
JUPITER System implementation helps satellite operators realize up to 30% bandwidth savings.
Government policies must encourage and facilitate progress toward closing the digital divide.
Implementation brings broadband connectivity to Papua and throughout Indonesia.
The Hughes JUPITER System sets the global standard for efficiency and performance.
Satellite offers the ideal connectivity solution to serve hard-to-serve or sparsely populated areas.