Fast, Reliable and Flexible In-flight Connectivity
High-speed, multi-orbit, in-flight connectivity.
The new connection starts now. From the company that invented satellite internet comes Hughes In-Flight network connectivity solutions serving both commercial and business aviation.
A robust suite of integrated, multi-transport solutions, Hughes In-Flight enables airlines and airline service providers to deliver the first-class Wi-Fi experience that passengers demand.
Delta Air Lines Selects Hughes
In-Flight Connectivity to
Elevate the Wi-Fi Experience
on Regional Aircraft
Small, Lightweight & Affordable ESA Technology
The Hughes LEO Antenna for aero applications is an electronically steerable antenna (ESA) optimized for aeronautical implementations, supporting fast and reliable Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite service with data rates up to 195 Mbps to and 32 Mbps from the aircraft. Designed and manufactured by Hughes, the terminal enables high-performance broadband connectivity with a lightweight, low power consumption approach.
- Works with or without an existing IFC solution
- Lightweight and low power
- Small footprint
- No moving parts
Hughes Suite of IFC Solutions
Offering Geostationary (GEO), Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and hybrid GEO+LEO satellite service options, Hughes In-Flight gives commercial and business airlines the ultimate flexibility in deploying In Flight Connectivity (IFC) that meets business needs while satisfying passenger expectations.
Hughes LEO In-Flight
- Delivering a managed in-flight solution that combines low-latency, global satellite capacity from OneWeb with the Hughes LEO Antenna
Hughes Fusion In-Flight
- Combining LEO service with Hughes Fusion™ technology to augment an existing GEO IFC solution and deliver an at-home or office-like Wi-Fi experience everywhere in the air, including over busy airport hubs
Hughes JUPITER In-Flight
- Delivering a managed in-flight solution that combines Hughes JUPITER™ System baseband equipment with the Thinkom Ka1717 or Ka2517 antenna and Ka-band high-throughput satellite connectivity from the Hughes JUPITER™ fleet or other JUPITER-driven Ka-band HTS
- Also offering Hughes JUPITER System baseband equipment to enable in-flight connectivity using capacity from any JUPITER-enabled Ka- or Ku-band satellite worldwide
Contact us today to design your in-flight connectivity solution >
A True Multi-Orbit In-Flight Connectivity Solution
Not only can Hughes In-Flight connect to both a GEO and LEO network, but it can also integrate the transports simultaneously to deliver a snappy, low latency experience with pole-to-pole service including over high-density airline hubs. Unlike other solutions that offer connectivity via either GEO or LEO, our Hughes Fusion™ proprietary software routes airline passenger internet traffic over GEO and LEO transports concurrently to deliver the ultimate, seamless in-flight Wi-Fi experience.
The Hughes In-Flight Advantage:
- Flexible solution can leverage and enhance your existing GEO investment, equipment and service – no need to get rid of your current technology
- Easy aircraft installations of lightweight antenna with no moving parts and autonomous operation, meaning there is no need to connect to the aircraft navigation system
- Compatible with existing mounting provisions and compliant with industry standards
- Capable of using satellite capacity from OneWeb, delivered via Hughes Managed LEO, with enterprise grade performance, availability and service level agreements
- One stop aviation in-flight service provider – Hughes provides both the technology and the service directly
In-flight Wi-Fi demo at AIX showcased small, high-performance LEO antenna solution.
Hughes offers LEO-only and Hybrid LEO+GEO satellite services for onboard connectivity.