Resilient Military Base Network with Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Broadband
A military base located in the Arctic region needs reliable broadband service to support mission critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) activities as well as morale, welfare and recreation (MWR) initiatives for the hundreds of personnel assigned to the base.
While the northern location brings strategic military advantages, the region has been disadvantaged when it comes to broadband options. The harsh climate requires ruggedized equipment, and geography makes traditional geostationary and military satellite elevation angles difficult, if not altogether impossible.
The base and its staff need reliable, high-speed connectivity that:
- Ensures bandwidth is available 24 x 7
- Ascribes to pre-set Service Level Agreements (SLAs) rather than ‘best effort’ service
- Delivers critical data to military sites and personnel anywhere in the world
- Connects hundreds of soldiers everywhere on the base with a responsive user experience for every application
Managed Broadband with Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite connectivity delivers enterprise-grade, reliable broadband for the military base in the harsh, but highly strategic North Pole environment. The Hughes solution:
- Brings low-latency broadband to this hard-to-reach area
- Supports Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) applications, such as clearing critical maritime routes for cargo ships carrying supplies, as well as MWR applications like real-time gaming – simultaneously and at prescribed speeds
- Delivers global reach and coverage
- Ready to integrate with diverse transports for redundancy and resiliency
- Ascribes to enterprise service expectations with dedicated bandwidth, specified speeds and customizable requirements
- Simplifies accountability and implementation with centralized SLAs, billing and network management
Integrating highly customized, mission critical networks, Hughes offers a variety of transport options, including LEO broadband, for military applications. The Hughes team brings unmatched LEO expertise to these managed networks, having engineered ground system technology for Globalstar, Iridium and OneWeb.
For more information, go to: https://www.hughes.com/what-we-offer/satellite-assets/leo