No doubt, this week’s National Retail Federation “Big Show” will feature trending retail technologies: from digital signage and buy online/pickup in-store functionality, to “smart” mirrors, mobile payment systems and loyalty apps. These customer-friendly applications serve unique purposes, but what they share is the demand for always on, always available connectivity to the cloud.
That’s why we say, “The right connection impacts retail.” It’s also why we continue to innovate our award-winning HughesON™ Managed SD-WAN offering to meet the evolving needs of our retail customers. Some recent advancements include:
- New patented SD-WAN path control technology – enabling the combination of LTE or low-bandwidth broadband with satellite, creating a low-latency, high-bandwidth and cost-effective network.
- Advances in our ActiveTechnologies™ suite – leveraging real-time network sensing with intelligent Zero Touch Configuration to deliver Enhanced Application Steering with performance-based policy charters. The result is faster speeds, better performance, circuit sensing, traffic shaping and routing across MPLS circuits in a Hybrid WAN configuration.
- Broadband underlay monitoring – measuring the quality of each network hop from the brand to the head-end SD-WAN gateways, which, when coupled with ActiveQoS™, creates a high-quality overlay that assures bandwidth delivery.
- Security Information & Event Management, plus Incident Response (SIEM+IR) – bringing together SIEM-driven data analytics and elastic search capabilities to the complete set of real-time security logs generated across the entire network. This web-based security dashboard enables faster identification and reaction to events. Additional SLA-based options provide layers of incident analysis, mitigation and remediation.
- AI and Machine Learning – with an in-house incubator to support a growing, in-house data science team focused on the incorporation of AI/ML solutions for faster and earlier event identification, predictive root cause analysis, potential remediation actions and network simulations.
Hughes is the leader in managed SD-WAN for enterprise – our technology is deployed in 30,000 locations, and we manage complex SD-WAN deployments with as many as 3,500 sites in the network. Forty percent of the NRF top 25 retailers rely on us for solutions that help them meet the ever-changing and expanding network demands driven by the modern customer experience.
If you are at the NRF show, visit us at booth #4137 to learn how we can help you make The Right Connection with your customers.