Eight Ways to Use Digital Signage to Tell Your Brand Story
Recently, my colleague Tim Tang and I had the opportunity to participate in the International Franchise Association’s (IFA) Advocacy Summit in Washington, D.C. The IFA Advocacy Summit is a unique opportunity for C-level executives, franchise owners and their supplier partners—like Hughes—to meet in the nation’s capital for a day of advocacy intended to ensure franchising has all the tools and resources needed to build a strong future.
Throughout the day’s interactions, I was struck by the need for every franchise owner to be able to share their brand’s story––clearly and succinctly. Those who excelled did more than simply say, “I own a franchise that sells coffee.” Instead, they might say, “I’m bettering my community by offering an inviting place for people to socialize over hot coffee and fresh pastries.”
Storytelling is a compelling way to communicate. It connects people (and customers!) more deeply to your brand than just the sharing of information does. It’s how we come to care about things: about people, issues and organizations. And every brand has a story to tell.
But telling that story can be a challenge. After all, a franchise owner can’t speak to every existing or potential customer. That’s where technologies, like digital signage, can help!
Here are eight ways to use digital signage to tell your brand’s story:
- Welcome and brand introduction: Use digital signage at the entrance of your store or restaurant to welcome customers and provide a brief introduction to your brand's history, mission and values.
- Interactive product displays: Show interactive displays that allow customers to explore your menu of products or services. Include detailed information, videos and customer reviews to showcase your offerings and special promotions.
- Behind-the-scenes content: Offer a glimpse behind the scenes of your brand's operations, such as manufacturing processes, design studios or company culture. Humanize your brand by showcasing the people behind it.
- Customer testimonials: Display video testimonials from satisfied customers to build trust and credibility. Hearing real experiences can resonate with potential customers and enhance your brand's authenticity.
- Videos: Use a series of short videos that tell your brand's story, focusing on key milestones, challenges and successes. Use compelling visuals and narratives to engage viewers emotionally.
- Live social media feeds: Display real-time social media posts, comments and user-generated content related to your brand. Encourage customers to use a specific hashtag to join the conversation.
- Localized content: Tailor your digital signage content to specific locations or events. Highlight community initiatives, partnerships or community involvement to connect with the local audience.
- Educational content: Share informative content about your industry, products or services. This can establish your brand as an expert in the field and help customers make informed decisions.
As you begin to share your brand story in different ways, remember to maintain consistency in branding elements like colors, fonts and logos across all digital signage content. Additionally, update and refresh your content regularly to keep it relevant and engaging for your audience. Implementing these practices, as well as working with a trusted digital signage provider, can help ensure your brand’s story gets told far and wide.