5 Ways to Boost “Deskless” Workers’ Productivity and Motivation with Digital Signage
The adoption of digital signage solutions is on a steady rise, with 60% of enterprises planning to invest in the technology within the next two years. While businesses of all sizes clearly recognize the benefits of using digital menu boards to promote products and services, enhance service and engage customers, some might be surprised at how effective these digital displays can be at informing, educating and engaging “deskless” workers in warehouses, stock rooms, medical centers and manufacturing facilities.
Here are five ways to employ digital signage to motivate frontline employees to achieve their best and optimize productivity.
- Visible and Real-time Feedback. Displaying real-time metrics on digital signage provides employees with instant feedback on their performance, fostering a sense of accountability and responsibility. It’s inspiring for employees when they can see how their actions are being counted and contributing to the team’s success.
- Clear Performance Goals. By showcasing specific targets, such as the number of tickets completed, calls handled, or manufacturing models produced, digital signage can reinforce clear and achievable performance goals. Managers can leverage the power of friendly competition by recognizing top performers and celebrating their accomplishments on digital screens.
- Actionable Insights. Data visualization is a powerful tool for transforming complex data into understandable and actionable insights. With digital signage, managers can present data in a visually appealing manner, making it easier for employees to comprehend team or organizational progress and identify areas for improvement—helping to foster a positive work environment.
- Safety and Efficiency Benchmarks. By displaying the number of incident-free days, employees are continually reminded of the importance of maintaining a safe working environment. Simultaneously, real-time updates on the number of models or products completed encourage manufacturing teams to optimize efficiency and meet production targets.
- Success Stories. Highlighting team members individually (e.g., an employee of the week) or in groups ––as in the team of the month––helps to motivate employees to do their best and achieve benchmarks. Real-time recognition fosters a culture of celebration and teamwork, resulting in increased productivity and a deeper sense of satisfaction.
By showcasing relevant metrics, setting clear goals, and empowering through data visualization, organizations can leverage digital signage to engage frontline workers of all kinds. Whether in customer service centers, manufacturing facilities, or other business settings, digital signage can help enhance company culture by boosting morale and employee engagement.