Hughes SatCell Connect
Emergency Scenario Challenges: Multiple challenges await first responders with no power and no cellular coverage available - especially for the very first groups to arrive at the disaster site. Hughes SatCell Connect eliminates that obstacle, making it easy to get to work when every minute matters.
Cellular Service On-Demand: Once activated, Hughes SatCell Connect immediately provides a secure, private cellular bubble. Amongst the team, everyone has cellular service and can stream video and text to assess the situation and begin fixing damages.
SatCell Flyaway Kit + Wi-Fi: A challenge with multiple groups working together is interoperable communications. Even before connecting backhaul, the SatCell Kit allows for secure Wi-Fi access points. This extends communications quickly and securely to anyone provided the Wi-Fi network login and password so they may quickly join.
SatCell Flyaway Kit + Backhaul: Enabling the included backhaul gives all users leveraging the private cellular or wifi networks the ability to communicate outside the disaster area and browse the internet as needed on their devices.
Connect SatCell Flyaway Kits with Mesh or LoS Radios: Teams using SatCell miles or cities apart can use Mesh Radios or other Point-to-Point high throughput technologies to connect these disparate pockets of personnel. The ability to keep these groups connected with links that don't require any permanent infrastructure is game-changing.
SatCell Flyaway Kit + BLoS: Hughes SatCell Connect can be used on air platforms and serve as a cell tower in the sky. Its open architecture allows the system to leverage any Beyond Line of Sight data connection and enable layered, air to ground, ground to air, and Beyond Line of Sight communications.
- SEWP Website: https://www.sewp.nasa.gov
- Never used SEWP? No Problem. It takes about 15 minutes for a new government (Federal or State) customer to register on SEWP and immediately begin formally requesting quotes.
- RFQ - 24 to 48 hour turnaround
- Purchase Request to Executed Contract: 3 to 5 business days
SEWP V at a Glance
- Low Fees (.39) percent
- SEWPV assists acquisition shops to comply with FAR rules
- Availability, Speed, Customer Service, Tracking, and Communication
- Ability to bundle and add new products as well as professional services within 48 hours
- Quick Procurement Process
- Quick/Continuous product and pricing updates for all products lines
Hughes SatCell Connect Compact Flyaway Kits
The two primary components of the SatCell Flyaway Kit are the 4G/LTE/Pre-5G Cellular Pack and Portable Satellite Antenna.
- Satellite Antenna with integrated Modem Included
- Total kit weighing less than 15lbs
- Pre-loaded with DISA approved secure voice Sigma client
- Out-of-the-box supports Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK), Apple Team Awareness Kit (iTAK) Air Ground Information Systems (AGIS) services
- Extends comms capabilities across the multi-domain operations landscape.
- Out-of-the-box compatible with tactical mesh and line of sight radio nodes
- Compatible with beyond line of sight (BLoS) airborne, maritime, and ground systems
Mature and Modular
- Capable of supporting future artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) applications
- As commercial cellular standards upgrade (i.e. 5G), so does the SatCell Kit
Hughes solution brings instant connectivity to any disaster location to aid emergency response and coordination.
SatCell Connect creates secure bubble of connectivity during military and disaster response missions.
Simulated exercises test the National Guard’s ability to support emergency response operations.
Soheil Mehrabanzad, Sr. Director Business Development
Soheil is the primary point of contact for Hughes SatCell Connect and associated capabilities. An industry expert in ISR, SATCOM, wireless and global FMS, he manages business development and focuses on technology strategy for government and defense clients. Email Soheil.