Why Mid-sized Companies Should Consider SASE to Counter Cybersecurity Threats
The average cost of a data breach in the United States amounted to $9.44 million in 2022, up from $9.05 million in the previous year, according to Statista. The costs of a data breach can be insurmountable for any business, but especially for industries where customer data is highly valuable, such as retail, banking and government.
The financial consequences can be felt in every corner of the business—including network downtime, service disruption, breach investigation, legal actions, reputation damage control, loss of productivity and the effort spent to improve security measures.
Beyond the financial impact, a data breach can also have a devastating and long-term effect on the trust between your organization and its customers, as well as a material impact on your sales and reputation.
To safeguard against a potential data breach, CISOs, CIOs and other technology leaders should implement cybersecurity tools at every level of the organization.
What is SASE?
To proactively prevent cyber threats and simplify the complex task of managing a network and all its security technologies, many forward-thinking IT and security leaders use a framework called Secure Access Service Edge (SASE).
SASE solutions combine all the crucial security elements necessary to keep your network and its users safe from cyberattacks in one easy-to-use framework.
Managing the large number of tools necessary to safeguard sensitive data can be overwhelming for any business, but especially for mid-sized companies who may have limited resources.
For IT and security teams, the SASE approach provides the easiest way to deploy and manage your security network infrastructure, and ensures your business has the highest level of protection.
However, according to a recent study by Enterprise Strategy Group, 71% of organizations are impacted by cybersecurity skills shortages, and this trend is only getting worse. A trusted SASE provider like Hughes can deploy, manage and support your entire SASE architecture for you – or simply augment your existing security staff and resources to maximize their impact.
Hughes Managed SASE
Hughes Managed SASE is a comprehensive cloud-native cybersecurity solution, designed to protect your business from cyber threats, comprised of five elements:
- Cloud Access Security Broker: Helps keep your corporate cloud applications and infrastructure safe from cyber attacks and data leaks.
- Secure Web Gateways: Protects your organization from web-based threats by blocking malicious applications and websites and preventing unsecured internet traffic from entering your organization’s internal network.
- Firewall-as-a-Service: Inspects and protects network traffic against threats, and helps your organization enforce security policies consistently across your entire network.
- Zero Trust Network Access: Eliminates inherent trust and requires strong, regular identity-based authentication and authorization of devices and users to establish trust and provide access.
- Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN): Helps make your internet connections faster, more reliable and efficient, and is a cost-effective way to connect your organization to its branch offices and store locations.
Hughes partners with Security Service Edge (SSE) leader Netskope to offer best-of-breed SSE solutions bundled with award-winning SD-WAN.
Key benefits of Hughes SASE solutions
- Supports your changing business needs: Hughes will host your security infrastructure in the cloud and provide the efficiency, flexibility and scalability needed to support your business as it evolves and grows. Hughes security experts help you evaluate, design, implement and manage a sound security strategy and infrastructure that protects your business not only today, but also in the future.
- Secures your data regardless of location: Regardless of where or how you do business, our solution follows your data everywhere it goes. Your business works without boundaries - connecting people who work remotely, in the office, or on the go, without compromising security.
- Improves customer trust: Trust creates loyalty. When your business has the highest level of security protection, backed by a team of experienced security experts 24/7, you can confidently meet compliance requirements and earn the trust of your customers.
- Reduces risk and costs: Hiring, retaining and training cybersecurity staff is a costly and challenging endeavor. Partnering with Hughes gives you immediate access to decades of cybersecurity expertise, reducing the risk of cyber threats and high costs of staffing. According to a research study by Stott and May talent firm, it can take anywhere from three to five years or longer for security staff to develop real cybersecurity proficiency.
Fundamentally, SASE combines security and network capabilities into a single cloud-based solution to protect your network and your data, while improving efficiency, reducing costs and helping you earn the trust of your customers.
Hughes believes in zero tolerance to cyber threats, and so should you. Learn more about SASE solutions and contact us to explore how we can work together.