At this year’s National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) Show in Atlanta, one of the hottest topics was data––how to use it intelligently to engage customers, build a brand, test promotions, tap new markets, cultivate partnerships and more. One of the most powerful tools that C-store operators have at their disposal is their loyalty app data.
Here are five ways industry leaders say loyalty app data can help improve your C-store operations:
- Cultivate customer insights––Loyalty apps collect a wealth of data about customer preferences, purchase history and behavior. By analyzing this data, you can determine which products are popular, which promotions or discounts are most effective, which locations customers prefer and when they like to stop for a fill-up or sandwich.
- Drive personalized marketing––Armed with customer data and insights, you can then personalize your marketing efforts. For example, send tailored promotions and offers to individual customers based on their buying habits and patterns, increasing the likelihood of repeat business. This not only drives sales but fosters greater loyalty.
- Increase customer engagement––By offering rewards and incentives through the loyalty app, you can enhance customer engagement and retention rates. Satisfied customers are more likely to return, and when they do, your app can continue to capture data and provide insights into evolving preferences. App data can also be used to pinpoint customer attrition, so you can launch “win back” campaigns featuring special offers.
- Boost employee engagement––Just like how the app can engage customers more effectively, it can also be used to engage employees and provide incentives for improved performance. The app can help to gamify incentives, building healthy competition between employees and an increased sense of community. Additionally, employees who use the loyalty program will become its best ambassadors.
- Leverage product manufacturer partnerships––Leveraging your product manufacturer partnerships, like offering a special sale on a brand name soda, candy bar or snack food, can help with new customer acquisition. Use ads on your digital signage to entice people to join your app. Each time a prospect joins the app, they (and their data!) become your customer. Plus, product manufacturers often offer “development funds” which you can use to fund such special promotions, so you don’t have to do it all on your own.
As the NACS Show underscored, there is immense potential to harness your loyalty app in innovative ways, from deepening customer engagement and personalizing marketing efforts to fostering greater employee participation and forging valuable partnerships––all of which can give you an edge in today’s competitive market and the ability to adapt quickly to changing customer demands and trends.
Discover how a high-performing network from Hughes can enable you to better engage customers and meet their expectations for in and out convenience.