Hughes recognized as an “Industry Innovator” for advancing technologies vital to government
Germantown, MD, November 18, 2020 – Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES), the global leader in broadband satellite networks and services, today announced it has been named an Industry Innovator by the Government Innovation Awards, which celebrate the transformative government projects, individual change agents and industry partners that are reimagining public-sector IT. Hughes was selected as a winner for its work at the forefront of government network modernization.
“This recognition underscores the efforts of the entire team at Hughes to connect federal, state and local government agencies and workers – even those in areas unserved by terrestrial broadband – to the technologies and services they need to serve their constituents,” said Tony Bardo, assistant vice president, Government Solutions, Hughes. “We are proud to serve our government customers and eco-system partners with innovative solutions that help solve some of their most pressing IT challenges.”
Hughes delivers a robust portfolio of services to government customers, including:
- Managed network services for thousands of distributed federal agency sites, directly and in partnership with prime contractors;
- Digital signage solutions at more than 200 Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) hospitals and outpatient clinics across 11 states;
- High-speed satellite Internet service to state and local government offices and facilities, as the only satellite Internet provider on the National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO) ValuePoint contract;
- Managed satellite and wireless services and SD-WAN gateways at National Weather Service (NWS) locations across the U.S., together with ERT, Inc., one of NOAA’s largest science and technology contractors;
- Managed global satellite broadband service that powers the Government Education and Training Network (GETN) distance learning program, for agencies including Federal Aviation Administration, United States Air Force, and Department of Justice; and
- Emergency communications for federal and local disaster preparation and response.
For more information about the Hughes portfolio of solutions for government customers, click here.