Englewood, Colo.—EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) today announced its financial results for the three and six months ending June 30, 2016.
Three Months Ending June 30, 2016 Financial Highlights:
- Consolidated revenues of $758 million.
- Consolidated net income of $56 million.
- Consolidated net income attributable to EchoStar common stock of $56 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.60.
- Consolidated EBITDA of $221 million (see reconciliation of this non-GAAP measure below).
- Approximately 1,030,000 Hughes consumer broadband subscribers as of June 30, 2016.
Six Months Ended June 30, 2016 Financial Highlights:
- Consolidated revenue of $1.57 billion.
- Consolidated net income of $104 million.
- Consolidated net income attributable to EchoStar common stock of $107 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.14.
- Consolidated EBITDA of $443 million (see reconciliation of this non-GAAP measure below).
- Strong liquidity with cash, cash equivalents and current marketable investment securities of $1.51 billion as of June 30, 2016.
Set forth below is a table highlighting certain of EchoStar’s segment results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2016 and 2015:
Note on Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
EBITDA is defined as “Net income” excluding “Interest expense, net of amounts capitalized,” “Interest income”, “Income tax provision” and “Depreciation and amortization.” EBITDA is not a measure determined in accordance with US GAAP. This non-GAAP measure is reconciled to net income in the table above. EBITDA should not be considered in isolation or as a substitute for operating income, net income or any other measure determined in accordance with GAAP. EBITDA is used by our management as a measure of operating efficiency and overall financial performance for benchmarking against our peers and competitors. Management believes EBITDA provides meaningful supplemental information regarding the underlying operating performance of our business. Management also believes that EBITDA is useful to investors because it is frequently used by securities analysts, investors, and other interested parties to evaluate the performance of companies in our industry.
The consolidated financial statements of EchoStar for the periods ended June 30, 2016 and 2015 are attached to this press release. Detailed financial data and other information are available in EchoStar’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the three months ended June 30, 2016 filed today with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
EchoStar will host its earnings conference call on Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. The call-in numbers are (877) 815-1625 (toll-free) and (716) 247-5178 (international), Conference ID # 56393075.