Georgia Technology Authority
GTA is a state agency that manages the delivery of IT infrastructure services to Georgia's executive branch agencies, as well as managed network services to 1,200 state and local government entities. GTA also offers public entities access to standardized contracts with a pool of industry-leading IT providers.
About GTA Direct
The GTA Direct program provides a quick path to managed IT services from pre-qualified providers and makes those services available to Georgia agencies, local governments, colleges and universities, and boards of education statewide.
Hughes is a “one-stop-shop” network solution provider with experience in providing all the necessary components to provide services for Georgia’s nonGETS Enterprise customers. Hughes provides a turnkey managed broadband service that includes program management, system design, site survey, installation, network operations, service management, broadband connection, field maintenance, and a 24/7/365 help desk. This is in addition to our key capabilities by providing:
- Statewide coverage to support all counties in Georgia
- Pre-qualification of broadband services that are available for each site to determine the availability of the broadband technology and speed
Hughes—a division of EchoStar® Corporation (NASD: SATS)—is a global leader in providing managed broadband networking services and solutions to consumers, small businesses, large enterprises, and government agencies. With $1.7 billion in revenue and 7 million Hughes broadband terminals deployed in over 100 countries, Hughes is a leading provider of private networking solutions. We have over 1.3 million consumers in the US alone, over 425,000 business and government sites worldwide under management, and over 30,000 deployed SD-WAN sites.
Hughes develops industry-leading solutions, offering superior performance, security, and availability for our government and enterprise customers across multiple verticals, including retail, restaurant, hospitality, oil and gas, law enforcement, distance learning, Continuity of Operations (COOP), emergency services, and healthcare. Our enterprise broadband services include a complete portfolio of services with nationwide coverage. These services are delivered as a next generation WAN solution using HughesON™. HughesON employs innovative technologies that transform “best-effort” broadband into enterprise-grade Wide Area Networks (WANs) at a price point far below traditional solution such as Multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS).
- HughesON manages diverse service providers and transports that include DSL, cable, cellular, fiber, fixed microwave, and VSAT to ensure that transport requirements are tailored to the available options for each state facility.
- HughesON provides a comprehensive customer portal that enables authorized help desk personnel to effectively monitor and manage all components of the broadband network.
- HughesON transforms best-effort broadband into true enterprise-class WANs with the following benefits:
- Transparently adds strong end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) to commonly available broadband networks, such as DSL and cable.
- Improves application performance and reduces transaction response times.
- Increases the “virtual bandwidth” available at your field sites, improving performance without costly physical link upgrades.
- Delivers improved performance and more overall bandwidth for your applications.
- Managed security solutions
- Delivers security and performance to protect your network, data, and reputation.
- Managed security offerings are tiered to suit your needs, with each level building upon the previous one.
- High-availability networking
- Provides multiple diverse broadband connections to each office to support your continuity of operations and disaster recovery requirements.
- Combines the best of wireless and wireline technologies, delivered in an integrated, fully managed network with unmatched reliability and performance.
Hughes is uniquely qualified to be the single contractor to provide telecommunications products and services to the State of Georgia. We have in place all of the core organizational elements needed to effectively deploy, manage, and operate a large-scale nationwide/worldwide broadband network, including equipment sourcing, site survey capabilities, installation of equipment and associated cabling, service provisioning, a customer portal for network monitoring and management, 24/7/365 technical support, user training, consolidated billing, and onsite field maintenance.