Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M Integrated Antenna Terminal
The world's most advanced, all-IP, BGAN machine-to-machine satellite terminal with integrated antenna and highest IP-66 ingress protection industry rating for outdoor installation.
*Also available in ATEX C1/D2 compliant
Introduced as an alternative to the external antenna version of the 9502, this product integrates the 9502 modem with a compact antenna to create a single-piece, integrated, rugged terminal to withstand the most extreme weather conditions. Providing reliable IP connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN), it includes backup and out-of-band management to primary site communications—ideal for SCADA and unattended sites equipped for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring/control, compressor monitoring/control, well site automation and surveillance.
The exceptional low power consumption (1W idle) of the Hughes 9502 makes it possible to provide end-to-end IP connectivity to sites that are off the grid. This breakthrough provides end-to-end IP connectivity to power-challenged locations that rely upon solar-battery arrays involving sensitive power budgets.
The Hughes 9502 includes 10 meters of RF cabling, granting the user freedom to position the antenna remotely and away from the transceiver in complex installations while securing the SIM card inside a premise or enclosure to better protect against unauthorized use, theft, and vandalism.
Future firmware releases would be uncommon, meanwhile any such modem update will qualify for no charge over-the-air (OTA) upgrades saving customers time and money.
- Hughes 9502 utilizes BGAN or M2M SIM cards
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure "always-on" network connectivity. No manual intervention required to recover from an outage
- Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection
- Remote control via SMS provides management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and remote access to Web interface
- Ultra-low Power Consumption
- Transmit; <20W
- Narrow Beam without transmit: 3W
- Idle: 1W
- Off (wake on packet): <10mW (@ 12Vdc)
- Off (wake on packet): <30mW (@ 24Vdc)
- Off (GPIO control): 0W
- Supports multiple network modes: basic NAT, Relay mode (WAN IP address passed to the RTU), NAPT and PPPoE.
- Security enhancements with extended layers of embedded security options
- Basic installation; no PC required
- Hardened all-in-one piece designed for complete outdoor installation
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Ethernet connection (RJ45)
- USB Type B for connection to PC for configuration of terminal
- RS-232 (DB9) to external NMEA 0183-based GNSS device (e.g., GLONASS receiver)
- Hughes M2M Terminal
- Locking bar for padlock
- Mounting screws and washers
- Basic fixed mount kit
- Azimuth elevation bracket - two versions: 1.6 inches (4cm) or 2 inches (5cm)
- Mechanical spare parts kit
- Extended warranty options