Germantown, Md.―Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES), the global leader in broadband satellite solutions and services and a major provider of managed networks, today announced the availability of a new and comprehensive offering—Hughes High QoS Service. Based on its advanced HX platform, Hughes High QoS Service enables virtual network operators (VNOs) and service providers to offer high-bandwidth Internet and private network access to customers without requiring a large upfront investment.
Hughes High QoS Service is a turnkey, bundled package of hardware, software, and network hub capacity that operates out of Hughes teleport facilities and is available across an extensive North and South American footprint based on three Ku-band satellite beams. Hughes High QoS Service enables providers to deliver a range of offerings, from a single high-throughput circuit or trunk, to custom private networks that support value-added applications such as VoIP and video―all without up-front capital expenditures for network infrastructure.
Hughes High QoS Service is particularly well suited for providers serving specialized industries such as oil/gas exploration, maritime, and mining, or wherever reliable managed networks are necessary and locations are often remote. It’s also an ideal, always-on backup network solution for organizations that can’t risk network outages due to the vulnerabilities of terrestrial networks, such as natural disasters or broken cables.
“We designed the Hughes High QoS Satellite Service to give service providers and VNOs greater flexibility in choosing the right solution for their business needs and those of their customers,” said Sam Baumel, vice president, SME Sales & Marketing at Hughes. “They can select the coverage, capacity, speed, and management capabilities that best meet their immediate requirements, and yet retain the flexibility to grow their businesses over time. And it’s all backed by the leader in broadband satellite with a first-class support organization that‘s been serving many of the world’s biggest brands for over 25 years.”
The turnkey offering includes HX ExpertNMSTM, a graphical, easy-to-use network management system with monitoring and diagnostic tools to optimize network performance. This enables providers to provision accounts quickly, customize service plans, and sell broadband as a higher-value managed service offering. Hughes High QoS Service is also highly scalable―service providers can start small with low risk and easily grow their networks both in capacity and geographically, as business demand grows.
Hughes High QoS has many advantages and benefits over other offerings:
- Extensive coverage and capacity, with ubiquitous connectivity provided by three Ku- band satellites that cover customers in North, Central and South America—from Alaska to Newfoundland to southern Argentina;
- Faster and easier provisioning and installation, including auto-cross pol and auto- commissioning, which eliminates phone calls and saves service providers time and money on each install;
- A range of high-speed service plans, with download speeds up to 10 Mbps;
- Better management tools, giving service providers greater insight and a global view of their customers’ networks;
- Built-in WAN acceleration, improving customers’ performanceand broadband experience.
The Hughes High QoS Satellite Service is available immediately in three access options:
- Internet access circuits designed for customers with as few as one site;
- Individual circuits aggregated into a dedicated network providing customers with enhanced management and control capabilities;
- Dedicated bandwidth access for customers requiring the highest level of customization.
For more information about the Hughes High QoS Service, please visit Enterprise.Hughes.com/HighQoS and stop by the Hughes booth (#501) at the Satellite 2012 Conference, March 12-15, being held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.