Carrier-grade Satellite Broadband Hub
The HN NOCXT is the carrier-grade hub system from Hughes,optimized to support medium- to large-scale satellite broadband networks and the ideal solution for service providers and large enterprises that demand the highest performance and quality for their customers. Unsurpassed in flexibility and scalability, the HN NOCXT is designed with a highly efficient architecture incorporating numerous advanced features, including guaranteed quality of service (QoS) levels for bandwidth management and industry-leading advanced acceleration and compression technologies.
The HN System is the most advanced and widely deployed satellite broadband infrastructure worldwide from the leader in broadband satellite networks and services. Compliant with the IP over Satellite (IPoS) global standard, the world's first to be approved by TIA, ETSI, and ITU, the HN System is the ideal choice to deliver high-speed IP services over satellite, supporting an expanding range of multimedia, video, data, and voice applications.
HN NOC-XT Architecture
The HN NOCXT is designed as a compact and efficient singlerack package that is highly modular and scalable, enabling rapid provisioning of any mix of satellite broadband services from a single, comprehensive platform. The base configuration of the HN NOCXT can be readily expanded to accommodate multiple 121 Mbps forward channels and over 70 Mbps of return channel traffic, all in a single rack.
Efficiency and flexibility in utilizing satellite bandwidth are at the core of its design. For example, one or more terminals can be selected for guaranteed inroute bandwidth, while the remaining terminals share fair access via a truly dynamic bandwidth assignment algorithm. Inactive remote terminals are released from all network resources thereby optimizing the use of network resources for active terminals.
The HN System's unmatched flexibility, efficiency, and high quality of service have earned it the reputation as the most advanced and cost-effective technology available in the marketplace.
Reduce Network Operations Cost and Increase Network Availability
- Industry-leading bandwidth efficiency and network availability with:
- Forward Channel DVB-S2 with Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM)
- Return Channel using MF-TDMA, frequency hopping, and variable burst size
- Return Channel with Hughes Turbocode® or Adaptive LDPC coding
- Bidirectional IP header and payload compression, including TCP, UDP, and RTP compression
Simplify Network Operations
- Software updates, configuration, status monitoring, and commissioning centrally controlled via the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Remote terminal management via the Hughes Vision® Network Management System and SNMP
- LED display indicating terminal operational status
- Integrated local web interface for terminal status, troubleshooting, and diagnostics
- Universal power supply supports international voltage ranges and frequencies and has a detachable power cord
Services and Applications
- Broadband Internet access
- Private IP network for corporate intranets including:
- Banking and Financial
- Oil and Gas
- Public services including:
- Telephony Internet Kiosk
- High availability networking
- Multicast data delivery
- Multimedia applications including MPEG4 video
- VoIP services
Powerful IP Features
- Static and dynamic addressing
- Full RIPV1, RIPV2, and BGP routing support
- VRRP for high availability networking
- Multicasts to the LAN by using IGMP
- 802.1P and 802.1Q for end-to-end VLAN support with configurable QoS per VLAN
WAN Optimization and Acceleration
- Integrated Performance Enhancement Proxy (PEP) software to accelerate throughput performance by optimizing the TCP transmission over the satellite, delivering superior user experience and link efficiency
- Integrated Hughes TurboPage® software to accelerate HTTP traffic for fast browser access
- DNS caching
- Intelligent, protocol-sensitive bandwidth assignment for optimum performance and efficiency of each application
- IQoS (Inbound Quality of Service) plans for allocation of bandwidth to a group or individual terminal
- Traffic prioritization based on IP addressing, ports, or DSCP values
The IPoS Advantage
The entire HN System family of broadband satellite terminals is compliant with the global IPoS standard, resulting in superior overall performance and efficiency. A clearly defined, satellite-independent access interface conforming to the ETSI SI-SAP standard enables back-end systems to be easily integrated with the HN infrastructure. IPoS provides truly dynamic bandwidth assignment—remote sites requiring no traffic capacity are assigned no resources.